Internet Retailer Survey: Email Marketing Benchmarks
- Only 59.3% of respondents have acceptable e-mail delivery rates.
- Only 24.2% of web merchants have an e-mail open rate greater than 25%
- Only 17.1% reported e-mail click-through rates of 15.1% or more while 51.8% report click-through rates of 2.51% to 15%
- 60% conduct between one and three campaigns each month
Here are some of our own tips:
- First, we've got some email marketing benchmarks that you can reference as well.
- If you want to know what your successful email delivery rate is, the only way to tell is to sign up for as many ISPs as you possibly can, and send yourself tests. Or, sign up for something like DeliveryMonitor.com.
- Don't know your actual conversion rates? You can use 3rd party conversion trackers in your email campaigns (and websites). Check out ConversionRuler.com
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Internet Retailer Survey: Email Marketing Benchmarks:
Yes, these are great stats for retailers to compare and contrast against it. Of course, what you do with these stats is the key.
Another great resource for email metrics is our newly unveiled site, www.EmailStatCenter.com, launched in partnership with the Email Experience Council.
The intial traffic, feedback and interest has been overwhelming. It is a free site and designed for email marketing pros.
We will be sure to add these new stats as well.
Enjoy and good luck!
Posted by: Simms Jenkins | May 7, 2007 3:06:07 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.